Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night
Highlights of Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night
- Hike the shortest trail until Machu Picchu
- Stunning Inca trail with comfortable hotel
- Enjoy classic Inca trail 2 days 1 Night
- Lifetime experience
- Memorable ancient trail
Description of Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night
Short on time or energy? You can still enjoy part of the Inca Trail. This is an easy but amazing trek! The adventure lasts only 2 days and 1 night and you will visit the most beautiful ruins on the Inca trail, WiñayWayna, and then have the grand tour of Machu Picchu!
Detailed Itinerary for Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night
Day 1: Classic Inca Trail – Km 104 to Machu Picchu (Meals: L, D)
We will pick you up from your hotel at around 4:00 a.m. (depending on train time) and take you to the train station. The journey to the station is by bus and after that you will be on a very picturesque train journey for 3.5 hrs. Until we reach Km 104 – the start of the Inca trail 2 days and 1 night tour to Machu Picchu. From there, we will trek uphill for about 4 hours to the Inca site of WiñayWayna (Quechua for Forever Young) (2700m/8850 ft.) While there we will have a box lunch and then spend some time enjoying this impressive site before merging onto the path of the classic Inca Trail.
We will continue the hike on to Inti Punku (Sun gate) (2730m/8792ft) from where we will have a panoramic and breathtaking view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We will walk down the last part of the Inca trail to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu allowing you to get a quick glimpse in preparation for the next day.
We will take a side path off the Inca trail to go down to the town of Aguas Calientes. We finish the day going down to Aguas Calientes town and having dinner at a local restaurant. Initial altitude 2100 m. – Final 2,730 m.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes town (Altitude: 2000m, 6500ft)
Day 2: Explore the ancient city of Machu Picchu (Meals: B)
We have breakfast, and then take the first bus (5:30am) up to Machu Picchu. We’ll see the beautiful sunrise and have the grand tour of Machu Picchu by visiting the most important temples in the ruins for about 2 hrs. You will have some free time to go on exploring the site on your own. For an additional fee, we can obtain the entrance tickets for Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu together (This is the top of the mountain we see in every picture of Machu Picchu) 2720m/8890ft.
This optional hike should be booked well in advance (and it takes a 50 min to reach the top and another 50 min to hike down). You will have the afternoon free for you to have lunch, visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes town, or the small market or museum. Finally, you will catch the train from Aguas Calientes town to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco arriving at 10:45pm. Initial altitude 2000 m. Final 2,400 m.
Inclusions for Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night
- Welcome at the airport in Cusco and transfer to your hotel
- Pre briefing before to start the trek
- Professional, bilingual Tour Guide on Inca trail
- Train service Journey: Ollantaytambo – Km 104
- Train service Journey: Aguas Calientes town – Ollantaytambo 1.5hrs
- 1 breakfast, 1 box-lunch, 1 dinner vegetarian food available
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes town – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes town
- 01 Night hotel in Aguas Calientes town (hot shower, private bath, cable TV, breakfast)
- Entrance tickets for the Inca Trail and citadel of Machu Picchu
- Oxygen bottle, First Aid kit for the Inca trail
- Bus Journey: Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Exclusions for Inca Trail 2 Days 1 Night
- Walking poles available for hire we us
- Personal medication, insurances